Once you’ve registered, you’ll need to head over to the Showbiz Cinema’s Mi Sound page of the RSSS website and download the relevant documents. My Sound Production students will be managing the audio and stage under the fantastic supervision of Rex Hardware and Shobana Sebastian – both with extensive experience in live sound. As Showbiz Cinema’s Mi Sound is the Sound Production students’ major assessment in live sound and stage management, they will need information about each performance. Additionally, each performance is introduced to the audience and a detailed Industry Statement needs to be provided for the announcer.
The following documents need to be completed and returned to David Santamaria email@example.com by the following dates:
– Mi Sound Gig info sheet (Monday May 13, extension to this date is available if required)
– Mi Sound Explain performance (Friday July 19)
– Mi Sound stage plan (Friday July 19)
– Mi Sound Terms & Conditions (Friday July 19)
There are also other important docs on the web page to inform you of the following:
– Mi Sound backline. We provide a 5 piece drum kit, 2 guitar amps, bass amp, keyboard amp and a full FOH PA system with a 4 way foldback. Performer need to bring music stands if they are being used, along with keyboard stands and (of course) their instruments.
– Mi Sound Criteria sheet. This explains to the students the areas in which they will be critiqued and given feedback.
– Mi Sound Hop Temple stage & location. This provides students with the dimensions of the stage & floor performance space, along with how to get to the venue & parking options.
– Mi Sound preparing for the Gig. This is a document regarding aspects of the performance requirements, such as if sheet music needs to be provided, use of backing tracks, and other performance notes
– Mi Sound Special Conditions. This has due dates for provision of documents and other aspects of the section which is read in conjunction with other RSSS performance conditions.
We look forward to another year of fabulous performances by VCE Music, VCE VET Music performance and other suitable musicians in September.
Oh, and don’t forget, if students or their parents are staying overnight in Ballarat at any time through the year, our sponsor – Showbiz Cinemas in Delacome – is a great venue to watch the latest movies.
But GET THOSE REGISTRATIONS IN ASAP!!