Calisthenics is an artistic sport which has an Australia wide competition base. It combines dance, gymnastics, singing, apparatus manipulation and ballet, performed in theatres all across Australia including Ballarat’s historic Her Majesty’s Theatre.
Royal South Street’s CommBank Calisthenics is one of the largest competitions in the country attracting clubs from WA, SA, NSW, ACT, QLD and of course Victoria.
Calisthenics combines two Greek words, ‘kallos’ meaning beauty and ‘thenos’ strength and both attributes are very much required when competing.
Coaches and competitors please re-familiarise yourself with the rules contained in the Conditions of Entry below. The rules have changed slightly since 2016. Please make sure you are aware of the following sections:
1. General Conditions of Competition Section 2.10 (c) regarding streaming of performances.
2. Special conditions for the CommBank Calisthenics Competition –
RSSS Special Conditons, Section 13 under the following headings :
- Standard Steps – These are not available this year. However, we don’t allow teams to bring their own as per CVI rules.
- Dimensions – These have been altered please don’t assume that props brought to RSSS in previous years will fit within these new dimensions.
Information and Forms for competitors
Information and forms for use by competitors and coaches for 2017 will be updated in the lead up to the competition. Please keep an eye on our Facebook group for coaches to know when they are available.
Congratulations to every competitor chosen by their State or Territory for representation at RSSS as a soloist in 2017.
- Each soloist will receive an email invitation from RSSS to complete their application and confirm entry.
- Soloists are encouraged to read the Conditions of Entry
- Soloists are encouraged to read Solo Competitions at Royal South Street 2017 Entry procedure